Every year, tax software reviewers put popular products through their paces to determine which tax software reigns supreme. It comes as no surprise to us that TurboTax once again is rated the No. 1 tax software product on the market!
TurboTax has captured the endorsement of many of the nation’s top tax software reviewers, including winning recommendations from PC Magazine, CNET.com and The New York Times. Reviewers rank TurboTax No. 1 for its ease of use, completeness and simple, well-organized interview.
Here’s what software critics are saying about TurboTax for 2010:
- PC Magazine awarded TurboTax the coveted Editors’ Choice Award, noting the software’s sleek interface and smart navigation. TurboTax Premier received the highest rating of all reviewed online tax services based on its voluminous help, support options and its easy, thorough review. Software reviewer Kathy Yakal says TurboTax remains king of the hill, writing “It’s combination of financial topics, guidance, navigational tools, and interface excellence make it the best choice for 2010 taxes .”
- CNET.com recommended TurboTax Deluxe, giving it the Editors’ Choice Award for having the clearest-worded interview with the most broadly beneficial tax-information importing abilities.
- The New York Times rated TurboTax Premier as the best overall experience.
- USA Today said “TurboTax Deluxe provided the clearest instructions of all the programs we tested.” For taxpayers with straightforward returns, reviewer Sandy Block said “tax software gets the job done, at a fraction of the cost of a tax preparer.”
- PC World recognized TurboTax Home & Business for its attention to detail and excellent data-import features, making it the package of choice for sole proprietors with complex tax situations.
- TopTenReviews.com named TurboTax Online Deluxe a Gold Award winner for 2011, noting its ease of use, accuracy and ability to handle tax scenarios from simple to complex. “This online e-file tax software once again passed our tests beyond our expectations.”
Year after year, influential software reviewers give the nod to TurboTax for its unparalleled ease of use, step-by-step guidance and ability to easily and accurately handle a wide range of tax situations. Whether your return is simple or more complicated, there’s no reason to pay someone else hundreds of dollars to do your taxes.
In fact, more people than ever are doing their own taxes with tax software. According to the IRS, almost 19 million tax returns have been filed from home computers so far this year, an increase of almost 6 percent compared to the number of returns from the same time last year.
So if you’re shopping for the best tax software for you, no need to take our word for it. Just take a minute to see what the nation’s most respected tax software critics have to say.