Coronavirus Unemployment Benefits and Tax Relief
- The American Rescue Plan makes the first $10,200 of unemployment income tax-free for households with income less than $150,000 for your 2020 taxes only.
- If you’ve already filed your 2020 tax return, don’t worry. The IRS announced that you don't need to do anything right now to take advantage of these additional benefits.
- Haven’t filed yet? TurboTax is up-to-date and will guide you through claiming your additional unemployment benefits.
- Federal unemployment payments were increased by $300 per week, and the benefits were extended through September 6, 2021 for eligible individuals.
- Get more information here.
Tax implications and advice
- We are here to help you navigate unemployment relief and tax implications of being unemployed so that you don’t leave any money on the table.
Unemployment benefits and insurance
- Find out what unemployment benefits and unemployment insurance you might be eligible for and what unemployment benefits are available
Financial management and job tips
- Take advantage of our helpful job tips and get the support and advice you need to manage your day-to-day finances.
Tools and additional resources
- Leverage our tools to manage your day-to-day finances and budgeting