Isn’t it great to have options? We certainly think so! Having options means having control over what fits your needs. And when it comes to filing your taxes, choosing the best option for your unique tax situation can give you confidence that your taxes are done right.
Starting today, if you have a simple tax return, you have THREE great options for your taxes for free. You can do your taxes yourself, get help from an expert along the way, or just hand it off to a dedicated tax expert to do your taxes for you from start to finish – all for $0. No matter how you want to file, you can file a simple tax return for FREE.
Yep, you read that right! If you have a simple tax return, file for $0 on your own, with expert help, or when an expert does your taxes for you. Our limited time offer of free TurboTax Live Full Service Basic lasts through February 15, and free TurboTax Live Basic lasts through March 31. So check out the details below before diving into your taxes!
No matter what your filing style is, we’ve got you covered!
Just Hand it off with TurboTax Live Full Service
You get matched with the right tax expert for your situation, who will do your taxes for you from start to finish. Simply upload documents, and the expert takes it from there, keeping you in the loop at each step. Let a tax expert do your simple tax return for $0 through February 15, 2022.
- Easy Upload: From the comfort of your home, you can fully hand off your taxes to a dedicated TurboTax Live tax expert by simply snapping photos of your documents or importing your 1099s and W-2s in just a few clicks.
- Expert Matching: Built on Intuit’s AI and ML models, TurboTax Live Full Service uses dozens of attributes to match you with your own dedicated tax expert. With a network of thousands of tax experts, TurboTax Live has a tax expert for your situation.
- Real-time Updates: You will always be in the know on the status of your return, with the help of an in-product tracker and ongoing updates from your expert.
Get Expert Help Along the Way with TurboTax Live
You can get expert help along the way and a final review of your return before you file to give you the confidence that your taxes are done right. File your simple tax return for free through March 31, 2022.
- Expert Answers: You can get unlimited expert answers and advice along the way. You simply click on the “Live help” button to chat with an expert, or set up a video call at a time that’s convenient.
- Final Review: With TurboTax Live, if you have a simple tax return you can have a tax expert review your taxes as you go or before you file, so you can be 100% confident your taxes are done right.
- Year-round Advice: The network of thousands of TurboTax Live tax experts are available year-round and on-demand in English or Spanish to give tax advice and answers specific to each unique tax situation, as often as you need.
Get a Personalized and Streamlined Experience with TurboTax Free Edition
TurboTax Free Edition is also available, and it’s America’s most widely used product for filing taxes free of charge – $0 for federal returns, $0 for state returns. And over the last eight years, Americans filed nearly 100 million tax returns completely free of charge using TurboTax, more than all other tax prep software companies combined.
With a simple tax return, you can easily file your taxes online for free. You simply snap a photo or import your W-2, answer basic questions about your life, and TurboTax will get your biggest refund.
- Snap. Tap. Done: You can save time and jumpstart your taxes by importing your W-2 or snapping a photo of your W-2, verifying your data, and watching as your information is put on all the right tax forms for you.
- Personalized Experience: Powered by the TurboTax Tax Knowledge Engine, TurboTax uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to guide you through a highly personalized experience of smart, streamlined tax preparation and less work.
- Guidance for Valuable Deductions and Credits: Get step by step guidance to help you claim every deduction and credit you are entitled to, including the Child Tax Credit worth up to $3,600, Child and Dependent Care Credit up to $8,000, and Earned Income Tax Credit worth up to $6,728 with 3 or more kids.
TurboTax Free Edition, TurboTax Live Basic, and TurboTax Live Full Service Basic are designed for tax filers with a simple tax situation, filing Form 1040 only. Simple situations covered include W-2 income, limited interest and dividend income, standard deduction, Earned Income Tax Credit, and Child Tax Credit, and Student Loan interest.