This is the English translation of a blog post by Marines Duarte, co-founder and Managing Partner at M4 Marketing Group and the Founder of En Tus Zapatos Blog.
The deadline to file your taxes, which is April 18th, is right around the corner! Between work, your children, extracurricular activities and everyday responsibilities, it is very common to leave your taxes for last minute. But I have great news for you: you still have time to file your taxes without stressing out. It’s not too late to file your taxes with TurboTax since when you sit down to prepare your taxes with Turbotax you are asked simple questions related to you and TurboTax does all the calculations on the back end. No tax knowledge is necessary.
You can file your tax return anytime and anywhere from your phone, tablet, or computer, whether it is while you wait for your kids to get out of school or while you are on the bus on your way to work. No more excuses for not filing your taxes. It can be as simple as snapping a photo of your W2 and answering some questions; TurboTax does the rest!
Below are some tips that I’d like to share with you to file your last minute taxes stress-free with TurboTax.
- Organize Your Documents. By now you’ve likely received all the forms you’ll need to file your taxes. Organize each document in a folder so you can access them quickly when you sit down to file your tax return. Make sure to include the following:
- A W-2 from your employer
- 1099-Int from banks and financial institutions if you had interest bearing accounts
- Form 1098-E if you have a student loan
- Form 1095-A if you purchased health insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. Enter this form in TurboTax the same way you did your W-2.
- If your employer pays for your health insurance, you have private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid you may have received the forms 1095- B and C. However, the IRS doesn’t require these forms to be filed.
- File your taxes online: Snap a photo of your W-2 on your phone or tablet and TurboTax will transfer your information to the correct forms. No tax knowledge is necessary. TurboTax searches more than 350 deductions and credits to make sure that you receive the refund you deserve based on your answers. There is no need to wait in long lines and waste time and money at a tax store when you can effortlessly use TurboTax to prepare your taxes comfortably in your own home.
- E-file with Direct Deposit. When you e-file with direct deposit you’ll receive your tax refund much faster. The IRS expects to issue nine out of 10 federal tax refunds within the first 21 days or less of IRS acceptance when using e-file with direct deposit. If you mail your return and request a check, it can take much longer.
- File across devices. In addition to filing whenever and wherever you want, you can file your taxes on any device, whether it’s a tablet, smartphone or a computer. This means that you can start doing your taxes on your phone or tablet and finish them on a computer or vice versa. You can do your taxes anywhere it doesn’t matter if it’s while waiting for your kids to get out of their karate class or ballet or while waiting for your next doctor’s appointment.
- You’re not alone. Exclusive to TurboTax, TurboTax SmartLook™ allows you to connect via one-way video with live TurboTax experts to get answers to your questions in real-time for free. They won’t be able to see you, but you will be able to see them. TurboTax experts can also highlight key fields and next steps on the screen for you so that you can complete your tax return with confidence.
Why complicate our lives if we have an option to make it easier without the need to pay high prices? No one else knows your finances better than you. Don’t feel intimidated by your tax return and don’t wait any longer to do them!