We've got you covered year round.
We understand Self-Employed COVID-19 relief implications might have an impact on your 2020 taxes including tax credits available. Not to worry, TurboTax will keep you up to date and provide you with the resources you need so you can have peace of mind.
Tax Credit Estimator - New
More money in your pocket
- Available for employers and self-employed
- Estimate how much cash you can get from ERC, paid leave, and a tax deferral
- Retain employees and you might qualify for a credit of up to $5,000 per employee
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief Programs
- The recently passed CARES Act funded financial assistance for self-employed and small businesses experiencing economic hardships caused by coronavirus (COVID-19.
- Self-employed and small business owners may be eligible for either Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
Unemployment Benefits and Insurance
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) expanded unemployment benefits to Self-Employed who are usually ineligible for unemployment benefits.
Tax Relief Credits
- The Families First Coronavirus Response First Act, provides relief in the form of refundable tax credits for sick leave and family leave for both eligible self-employed and small business owners.
Tax Deadline Extensions
- In response to coronavirus, the IRS announced several changes to the tax filing season.
- The federal tax filing deadline and the first and second quarter 2020 federal estimated income tax payments have been extended to July 15, 2020.
- The IRS also announced the deferment of federal tax payments, interest-free and penalty-free, for 90 days, until July 15 regardless of the amount owed.
Tools, Calculators and Services
- Get access to free tools like Intuit Aid Assist that helps U.S. based businesses and self-employed (freelancers, solopreneurs and gig workers) understand different federal and state business relief programs.
- Talk to real CPA's and EA's and get unlimited self-employed tax advice using TurboTax Live Self-Employed.
- Leverage free tools such as calculators to figure out the different tax credits you may be eligible for.
Financial Management Tips
- Tips to help you take control of your finances and make smart money decisions during and after COVID-19.
- Access to financial tips provided by Certified Financial Planners (CFP's) and tax experts to stay on top of your credit.
- Free tools available at your fingertips.
- Useful self-employed tax tips and advice to help you uncover industry specific tax deductions to get more money in your pocket and a better tax outcome.
Most Popular Picks
- Don't miss our most popular content that will help you find answers to other self-employed tax questions and keep more money in your pocket.
- Find out about state specific tax deadlines, stimulus checks, refund status and tax guides that apply to your own industry.