Easily Guides You to Your Maximum Tax Refund
SAN DIEGO – Nov. 17, 2009 – Like GPS for taxes, TurboTax® 2009 easily and accurately guides taxpayers step-by-step through their tax return, effortlessly getting them to their ultimate destination – the biggest tax refund possible. Last year alone, TurboTax customers received more than $33 billion in federal refunds.
TurboTax, the nation’s best-selling, No.1-rated tax software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), guides taxpayers through their tax returns from start to finish. That makes it easier than ever for taxpayers to claim every deduction and credit they deserve, giving them the confidence that they’re getting the most money back in their pockets. TurboTax 2009 checks for errors and provides instant answers as they go so there are no wrong turns or money left on the table.
“TurboTax is the easy way to get your biggest possible tax refund,” said Dan Maurer, general manager of Intuit’s Consumer Group. “It does the hard work for you by automatically identifying the deductions and credits you can claim, showing you how much you’re saving every step of the way and making it easy to get answers to your questions. And of course, federal e-filing is included so customers can get their refund back fast, in as little as 8 days.”
TurboTax 2009* makes tax preparation easier by:
- Guiding taxpayers step-by-step. Built-in guidance for more than 350 possible deductions and credits, including the 2009 Economic Stimulus, helps taxpayers get the biggest tax refund possible. More than 95 percent of U.S. taxpayers could benefit from the Economic Stimulus and the average American family could receive up to $13,000 in tax benefits
- Checking as they go, so there are no detours. Real-time error check immediately flags errors and missed information. Customers can fix mistakes as they go or come back later when they have their information in hand.
- Double-checking for commonly overlooked deductions and credits. TurboTax customers won’t miss important credits such as the earned income tax credit. An estimated 5.6 million eligible taxpayers failed to claim this credit last year, potentially missing out on as much as $4,600.
- Providing instant answers. Customers have easy ways to get answers to their questions – when and how they need them. Among these: instant answers from other TurboTax users and tax experts online via the TurboTax Live Community.
- Including audit support with every return. The TurboTax Audit Risk Meter helps customers avoid common errors and reduce their risk of an audit before they file. A downloadable Audit Support Center assists customers in the unlikely event they are audited.
- Instantly transferring investment and wage information. TurboTax customers can easily, accurately and securely import 1099 investment and W-2 wage information from more than 140 financial institutions and payroll providers directly into their tax return.
Make the Most of a Tax Refund
To help customers make the most of their refund, TurboTax gives them the option to split their refund between multiple accounts, helping them set money aside for savings or paying bills. In addition, this year TurboTax enables customers to purchase a United State Savings Bond with a portion or all of their refund, offering a new way to help them save for the future.
After completing their tax return, TurboTax customers can now instantly sign up for Mint.com from Quicken, a free online personal finance Web site already helping nearly 2 million people save and do more with their money. Those that do will receive a Mint.com alert when their refund is deposited to their bank account and then can easily find the highest yield savings account or CD to grow it further, or use Mint.com’s IRA Advisor to see if a Roth or Traditional IRA is the best option. In addition, Mint.com helps users be better prepared for next tax season by automatically categorizing medical or business expenses and tracking investment gains and losses.
Pricing and Availability
TurboTax 2009 desktop products, starting at $24.95 including federal e-filing, are currently available direct from Intuit at www.TurboTax.com and are expected to be available at retail stores beginning Nov 27.
TurboTax Online is expected to be available beginning Dec. 1 at www.TurboTax.com. TurboTax Online Free Edition offers free federal tax preparation. TurboTax Online pricing starts at free for simple federal returns and all online offerings include both federal and state e-filing.
Customers may also be able to access TurboTax directly from their financial institution. New this year, TurboTax for Online Banking combines the ease of TurboTax with the convenience and pre-populated data from online banking. TurboTax for Online Banking enables customers to prepare and e-file their tax return from within an online banking session, no additional log in required.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. The company’s financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight, provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.2 billion in its fiscal year 2009. The company has approximately 7,800 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.