Get Free Tax Advice from TurboTax Tax Professionals: Meet Three of Them

Read the Article

Have you heard?!?  TurboTax is offering free one-on-one expert tax advice from experienced tax professionals on the phone or with live chat!  Yes, free!

In addition to the ease and guidance of TurboTax, this year we are offering access to free one-to-one tax advice from qualified tax professionals so you can be even more confident you are getting your taxes done right.  Available through our Ask a Tax Expert service, TurboTax tax experts will be providing personalized guidance and answers via phone or live chat free of charge.

All of our tax professionals are highly qualified CPAs, IRS Enrolled Agents, or Juris Doctors (that’s tax lawyers) with extensive knowledge in tax law and tax return preparation, unlike some national tax franchises where tax preparers can simply take a tax course before they start to prepare your taxes.

Here is a glimpse at the experienced tax professionals TurboTax has available to help you.  Meet three of our many fantastic, highly qualified Ask a Tax Expert agents:  Michael Stadler, Rhonda Collins, and Mark Farmer!

Meet Michael Stadler MBA, EA

Ask a Tax Expert Michael Stadler
Ask a Tax Expert Michael Stadler

I have a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Notre Dame and a MBA from the University of Maryland.  I am also an IRS Enrolled Agent and have been with the Ask a Tax Expert Team for 7 tax seasons. I have over 15 years tax experience preparing both business and personal tax returns.

In my spare time, I enjoy playing  golf as well  as taking long walks with my wife, Letty, and our dogs, Kaiser and Arleigh.  I run about six miles each morning.

Working at TurboTax and helping customers get answers to their tax questions is probably the best position I’ve had during my career.  During this time, I’ve had the opportunity to apply both my education and business experience to some very complex tax situations.  I’ve always enjoyed the feeling of solving customer problems as well as receiving positive feedback from customers who have appreciated my help.  Moreover, I enjoy being part of a team that shares knowledge and expertise in making us all successful.  This position is challenging, fulfilling and rewarding.

Meet Rhonda Collins CPA, MBA

Ask a Tax Expert Rhonda Collins
Ask a Tax Expert Rhonda Collins

I entered the public accounting arena in 1986 as a tax professional with Ernst and Young.  I have and continue to work extensively with individuals as well as small, medium, and large-sized businesses.  My passions include assisting customers with income tax planning and preparation, preparation of financial statements and tax returns, and individual and business consultation as well as being a “Tax Expert” for TurboTax.

In 2008, I earned my Master of Business Administration in Finance from Franklin University in Columbus, Ohio.  I also hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Franklin University.  I became a CPA ( Certified Public Accountant) in 2005  Professional affiliations include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants as well as several state CPA societies.

In addition, I am a moderator for the Becker Professional Education program providing web-based and in-house continuing professional education and I also maintain an independent tax practice.

I am very active in my community volunteering my time at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Site, the Humane Society, and a local high school.

I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, and being with my family. My husband of 23 years and I have two children, Jimmy and Hunter, and a mini-farm.

Meet Mark Farmer MBA, EA

Ask a Tax Expert Mark Farmer
Ask a Tax Expert Mark Farmer

I’ve been involved in tax since 2002.  My area of expertise has been IRS representation, Form 1040 for individuals, Schedule C for Self-Employed Individuals, 1065 for partnerships, and 1120S for S-Corporations.  I am an IRS Enrolled Agent and also have my MBA.

The best part of being an Ask a Tax Expert for TurboTax is helping our customers solve their tax problems or questions.  As an Ask a Tax Expert agent, I feel that I can have a direct and positive impact on our customers’ lives.  We give our customers personal assurance that they will be treated respectfully and given correct tax information they seek.  Connecting directly with our individual customers and solving their tax questions, for me is the best part of being an Ask a Tax Expert for TurboTax.

In my spare time, I am a father of two wonderful and busy high school students.  My favorite activities are playing ice hockey, hiking, and creating something special to eat for family and friends in the kitchen.

If you are on the fence about using tax software to prepare your taxes, rest assured that TurboTax makes it easy to accurately prepare your taxes and we have added extra assurance with our qualified, Ask a Tax Expert tax professionals.

85 responses to “Get Free Tax Advice from TurboTax Tax Professionals: Meet Three of Them”

    • Hi Mario,

      Each prior tax year has different tax law changes related to that filing. To ensure the maximum results each one must be filed separately.

      To file the previous years taxes you can buy the download for prior years. Buy the download here

      Don’t worry about knowing the form formats or tax rules for each year. TurboTax will ask you simple questions about you and give you the tax deductions and credits you’re eligible for.

      Thank you

  1. My husband and I make $100,000 net but we have a home equity line maxed out at $100,000 plus over $50,000 in credit card debt. We live paycheck to paycheck with 3 kids (21 not in school, 17 attending college in fall 2019, and 15 year old) I have an IRA (rolled over from my previous employer) for $155,000. We want to get out of debt and start over so we can enjoy living life now. How much in taxes would we need to pay to cash this IRA out. Are there other options for us to consider?

  2. My mother had a bank account in a French bank which she used when she traveled there. She is since deceased and there is a remaining balance of approximately about 1000 euros, which is about $1100 after all transfer and exchange fees are deducted. I am named on the bank account as a beneficiary. I am arranging to have this balance transferred through international electronic transfer to my personal banking account in the United States. (It will be converted into U.S. dollars as part of the transfer).
    Most of my income is from Social Security. I am retired.
    1. How do I declare this income on my Federal Tax Form (if at all)?
    2. Do I need to declare this income on my Oregon Tax Form –and in what tax category? Oregon is one of the few states that taxes inheritances.

    Since my mother is deceased, I don’t know if this is considered a gift and would be exempt from taxation.

Leave a Reply