IRS is Officially Open for the 2014 Tax Season Today!

Read the Article

File Now with TurboTax to Get Your Biggest Tax Refund

Today is the official IRS opening day, kicking off the 2014 tax season and the IRS will now begin accepting e-filed tax returns.

Some of you may have already filed your taxes and your tax return is in line ready to be processed when the IRS opens today.  If you haven’t filed your taxes yet, you can go online now and easily and accurately file your taxes with TurboTax to get the biggest tax refund you deserve.

How TurboTax Helps You Get Your Biggest Tax Refund

  • Go online and file with TurboTax online – for our best free60 million taxpayers have relatively simple tax returns and are paying hundreds of dollars to prepare their tax return at a tax store.  If you have a relatively simple tax (1040EZ) return, you can accurately file your taxes in minutes for free and save $100 versus going to a tax store.
  • 50% off state return pricing – For a limited time, when you file with TurboTax Federal Free Edition you will receive 50% off state return pricing.
  •   Stretch your tax refund even further – You can receive an additional 5 to 10% bonus on top of your federal tax refund with the exclusive TurboTax Refund Bonus offer.
  •  Double checks tax deductions and credits – To make sure you get every dollar you deserve, TurboTax automatically double-checks your tax return as you go, searching for every tax deduction and credit you’re eligible for.
  •  Free expert answers – When you file your taxes with TurboTax online or on your mobile device, you can get your questions answered for free by credentialed tax experts, who are CPAs and enrolled agents available via phone for free.
  • New streamlined experience – TurboTax online has a new streamlined experience that allows you to file your taxes in a few easy steps.  Features include automatic import of your W-2, year-over-year transfer of data so you don’t have to re-enter information, and refund explanation which explains why your tax refund increased or decreased.
  •  File on the go for Free – If you have a simple tax return (1040EZ/A),  you can prepare and e-file your federal taxes on the go directly from your mobile device for free in as few as 10 minutes.  New this year, you can file with SnapTax entirely in Spanish or switch between English and Spanish.

About 75% of taxpayers received a tax refund last season and the average tax refund was close to $2,700 last year so there’s no reason to wait to file.  According to the IRS, 9 out of 10 taxpayers will be issued their tax refunds in 21 days or less after acceptance of their tax return.

Lisa Greene-Lewis

Lisa has over 20 years of experience in tax preparation. Her success is attributed to being able to interpret tax laws and help clients better understand them. She has held positions as a public auditor, controller, and operations manager. Lisa has appeared on the Steve Harvey Show, the Ellen Show, and major news broadcast to break down tax laws and help taxpayers understand what tax laws mean to them. For Lisa, getting timely and accurate information out to taxpayers to help them keep more of their money is paramount. More from Lisa Greene-Lewis

26 responses to “IRS is Officially Open for the 2014 Tax Season Today!”

  1. i keep gettin rejected sayin my kids are bein filed which no1 has there ss# … do yu thnk i should go sumwhere else

  2. So I filed early and got accepted on Jan 26 I’ve been checking the wmr like most ppl yet i dont have nothing on there no Bars like everyone else. i called the IRS they havent recieved nothing thats why I dont have nothing saying they recieved them. So My question is can I file again since they dont have them and dont know where they are??

  3. I called the transcript hotline. They are allowinge to order a transcript on payment and adjustments but not a refund transcript. Does anyone know what this means?

  4. the irs website clearly states to please allow 21 days for processing, why is everyone trying to micromanage this pricess? no wonder the websites are locked up and down. we all need to be patient.

  5. im still waiting for them to tell me if i an go somewhere else an have them done….an im still getting rejected because there sayin my bday isnt my bday an my mom isnt my mom…i no this is my bday its the only bday ive used for 27 years almost 28 years…so just let me no if i an go somewhere else?????

  6. CPA filed my return on 1/25. I check the where’s my refund and it keeps saying processing. Can someone tell me what’s going on???

  7. I keep getting rejected and see lots of people talking about a glitch. Like Khristi, I would like to just cut my losses with TurboTax and do my taxes somewhere else. Can I do this since my last attempt was rejected or do I need to do something else before I go somewhere else?

    • morgan called h & r block this morning ..they said if youve been rejected you can go anywhere u want an have them done …once its been rejected the IRS doesn’t have ur return anymore ..hope this helps u out..i cant fix my prob til tomorrow

  8. I am using the premier version which is totally different from last year. If I switch back to the old version, will I lose all my entries ? Also how can I see my 1040 form ?

  9. thank you for getting back with me…ive called the Social Security administration…they said that my the brithday i put on here doesnt match an my mom isnt my mom …i had no prob doing them last year but i also didnt do them online…i would just rather go somewhere an let someone do them….im only asking so i dont get in trouble with the IRS ppl…

    so if i get rejected again i can go to someone an have them do my taxes for me..
    plz let me no as soon as u can

    • Hi Khristi,
      Yes, that’s why it’s better to do your taxes online, because when your taxes are transmitted the IRS will send a rejection code letting you know about SS# mismatches and and name mismatches, which have to match what the social security administration has. If you mail your tax return you will not know that this information does not match what the IRS and social security administration has and your refund will be delayed. Even if you go to someone else, if they e-file your tax return they are going to get the same rejection if you information does not match the IRS and the social security administration. You have to get the information corrected with the social security administration and the IRS.
      Thank you,
      Lisa Greene-Lewis

      • all ready working on that…the prob is someone some where change my bday to a date ive never ever used!!!! so I have to wait 6 weeks before I can do my taxes an get my money!!!! im passed being mad!!!

  10. this is the 1st time ive used turbo so far i dont like it…last year i went some where an had them done….ive been rejected 4 times now..i keep fixxing what they say to fix .ive called all the numbers its told me to call an still nothing.ive got no where with doing them on here….its telling i wasnt born in year an day ive put on here i no its the right date an year lol ive had the same bday for 27years! …if i get rejected again can i just clear this out an drive a hr away n go back to where i had them done last year seeing i had no prob. doing them there..haveing done them on here is just to much stress for me …plz let me no if i can go somewhere else thank you

    • Hi Khristi,
      The IRS matches birth dates and social security numbers with what is on record at the Social Security administration. Here are other reasons your tax return may be rejected
      Please talk to someone in customer support if you try and fix your return and it doesn’t work. It will be easier to have someone walk you through fixing your tax return in person.
      You can also print your tax return and mail it.
      Thank you,
      Lisa Greene-Lewis

      • thank you for getting back with me…ive called the Social Security administration…they said that my the brithday i put on here doesnt match an my mom isnt my mom …i had no prob doing them last year but i also didnt do them online…so if i get rejected again i can go to someone an have them do my taxes for me..i would just rather go somewhere an let someone do them….im only asking so i dont get in trouble with the IRS ppl…

  11. Can a claim be made on the Form 1040, line 30 for “penalty on early withdrawal of savings” after taking a withdrawal from a Traditional IRA for a Qualified Charity Donation? Will deeply appreciate an answer and reference.

Leave a Reply