As this year wraps up, many people are getting ready to travel or have family over. Whether you’re celebrating the holidays or just looking to connect with your loved ones, spending time together is a priority.
Typically, it’s all about the meals in our family. However, while catching up over a superb meal can be a fantastic way to pass the time, it’s not the only way to connect with loved ones. Here are a few fun and frugal activities to try out with your family this fall.
Fun and Frugal Family Friendly Activities
Before the snow and freezing cold weather comes in, now is a wonderful time to mix things up. You can move around and have some frugal fun, no matter where you are.
- Volunteer in your community. Generosity is always in season. Why not take some time out of your schedule and find a local organization or cause you can support? Local food banks can be a wonderful option.
- Take a walking tour of your town. Walk off a meal or two and enjoy the outdoors with family. As you walk, you can reminiscence on past adventures or your local relative can fill you in on some town history.
- Join in on a charity event. Would you like to get fit and raise money for a cause near and dear to you? See if you can corral a few friends and family to do a charity walk or run.
- Prepare meals for neighbors. Spread the love by preparing meals. Busy parents, older friends, and others would love having a night off from making dinner. You guys can talk as you prepare and maybe you can make a family recipe for your main course.
- Bike to your local park. Depending on where you are, fall can be the best time for a bike ride.
What’s wonderful about these get-togethers is that you’re not only having a good time, you’re doing some good – for yourself and for others. If you haven’t already, call up some of your family and friends and see what they’d be up for doing. You may be surprised at what they pick out.
Thoughts on Fun Fall Festivals
I shared some ideas, I’d love to hear from you. What are some of your favorite family traditions? Which ones would you like to start?