By: Sara Little, Get Covered America
Fact: The Health Insurance Marketplace is open for business, but only until January 31. That means you have less than two weeks left to sign up for quality, affordable health insurance for you and your family. Here are 5 quick things you should know:
- Financial help (sometimes called premium tax credits) is available. So far, the average amount of financial help for those that sign up is $294 a month! See your personalized financial help estimate today.
- In-person application help is available, too. People in your community can answer your health insurance questions and guide you through the sign-up process. Just make an appointment (it’s free!).
- No matter which plan you choose, you can rest assured knowing the important stuff is covered: doctor visits, emergency care, prescriptions, and more.
- You can’t be turned down or charged more for being sick or having a pre-existing condition.
- If you don’t have insurance in 2016, you could face a fine of $695 per adult or more (the average amount per household is expected to be closer to $1,000!). The fine will come right out of your tax refund.
The clock is ticking! Beat the January 31 deadline (and avoid that pesky fine) and sign up for health insurance. You can get started by making an appointment for help in your area.
And don’t forget to go to TurboTax Health to help answer any of your questions about the Affordable Care Act and taxes.