Starting today, mobile users can download the new TurboTax app, putting the ease and power of TurboTax into the palm of your hand.
Whether your tax return is simple or complex, our new app includes the full TurboTax product line up, from TurboTax Federal Free Edition for 1040A and 1040EZ tax returns to Home & Business for those with small business income and deductions.
Best of all, with the TurboTax mobile app, you can seamlessly move across devices, so you can start your taxes on your tablet or phone and finish online. Or vice versa. Whatever is easy and convenient for you. The TurboTax mobile app gives you the freedom to get your taxes done when and where you want, on any device – tablet, smartphone and computer.
You can easily prepare and file directly within the app or online. It’s as simple as snap, tap and done:
- Take a photo of your W-2 and the information automatically flows into your tax return and syncs to your TurboTax online account instantly.
- Answer simple questions about you and your life from your mobile device or computer.
- E-file securely from your mobile device or computer.
The TurboTax mobile experience is fully optimized for each device and takes advantage of native device capabilities, like Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The app, available for both iPhone and Android phones and iPad and Android tablets, is free to download and you pay only when you file.
Since no data is saved on the mobile device, you can feel confident your information is secure. Data is encrypted during transmission and the app is username/password protected.
*Internet access required; standard message and data rates apply to download and use mobile app features and content. TurboTax mobile app devices supported include Android 4.4 and above, iOS 8 on iPhone 4s and above, and iPad 2. Start for free, pay when you file. TurboTax mobile app actual prices are determined at the time of print or E-file and are subject to change without notice.
To learn more, check out the latest video.
More mobile apps for those on-the-go
With the TurboTax suite of mobile apps, you can also estimate your taxes, track charitable donations or track your tax refund, anytime, anywhere.
- MyTaxRefund: Answer a few questions and instantly see your e-file status and tax refund timing. Anyone who e-filed can use MyTaxRefund – whether you used TurboTax or not. The free app is available on the App Store, Google Play Store and from Amazon.com.
- TaxCaster: Quickly estimate your tax refund anytime, anywhere. Just enter some basic information and watch your tax refund add up. TaxCaster uses the same tax calculator found in TurboTax. Available on the App Store, as well as from the Google Play Store.
- ItsDeductible: Track donations anytime, anywhere, year-round. TurboTax ItsDeductible accurately values donated items and automatically imports donations into TurboTax. The app is free and available on the App Store.