Ashley McMahon Melika Mizany
Intuit Inc. The OutCast Agency
(858) 215-9069 (415) 345-4779
SAN DIEGO – Jan. 14, 2013 – Intuit TurboTax®, the nation’s No.-1 rated, best selling online tax preparation service, today unveils a totally redesigned online experience for its 26 million returning customers. Loyal TurboTax users will now get a more personalized experience that adapts itself to a customer’s unique tax situation based on their previous tax return data. A new, intuitive user interface provides the guidance, support and answers they need every step of the way, so customers can be confident that their taxes are done right.
“Innovating for our most loyal TurboTax customers, we’ve delivered a new, highly personalized experience for returning TurboTax users based on all the previous tax return information we have for them,” said Sasan Goodarzi, general manager of Intuit’s Consumer Tax Group. “We know you and your taxes so we can eliminate dozens of unnecessary questions and still help every customer file a return that’s complete, accurate and results in their biggest possible refund.”
TurboTax 2013 for returning customers features:
- Personalized experience: Using data from the prior year’s return, TurboTax 2013 makes tax preparation faster and easier than ever. TurboTax automatically transfers returning customer’s personal information and prior year tax return data, including W-2 wage and salary information from their employer, and then adapts itself based on that information to slash screens and questions that are not relevant to their specific tax situation. With everything TurboTax knows about returning customers, they are often already about a third of the way done with their tax return before they even start entering this year’s information. Taxpayers simply review their personal and employer information and answer some relevant questions and they are done.
- New refund explanations: TurboTax now highlights changes to a customer’s tax refund, providing personalized, easy-to-understand explanations to help them see exactly why their refund increased or decreased. And to help make sure that customers don’t leave a single dollar on the table, TurboTax automatically double checks taxpayers’ returns as they go, searching for every deduction and credit to which they are entitled.
- Quick, easy access to answers: Because every question is important, TurboTax provides direct access to answers and experts from every screen so a customer never feels alone. TurboTax AnswerXchange delivers answers that are specific to customers’ individual tax situation from a community of TurboTax experts and people who’ve been there before. The power of the community means tax questions have already been asked and answered. In addition, credentialed tax experts, all certified public accountants and enrolled agents, and product experts are available by phone for free to all TurboTax Online and mobile customers.
- Customized home base: New for 2013, MyTurboTax offers a simple, unified home base for all of a customer’s important tax tasks and information. MyTurboTax summarizes last year’s tax return for customers and provides a timeline of their entire TurboTax history. It also serves as a place for customers to access previous tax returns and, once they file, check the status of their tax refund and access their own personal ‘Affordable Care Guide’.
This guide helps customers understand how the Affordable Care Act affects them, calculating their estimated subsidy and out-of-pocket cost of purchasing health insurance. If customers choose not to get health insurance, the guide calculates their estimated penalty, giving them a quick and easy way to make the best decision for them and their family.
- More money in your pocket: In addition to helping customers get their biggest possible refund, with the Refund Bonus program TurboTax puts more money in customers’ pockets. Exclusively with TurboTax, customers can choose to use part of their federal tax refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card and TurboTax will add an extra 5 percent to 10 percent to the amount of the e-gift card.
Pricing and Availability
TurboTax Online and desktop products are now available and are up to date with the latest tax and healthcare laws. Taxpayers can e-file now and TurboTax will securely hold and then submit their tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service when the agency begins accepting them on January 31.
TurboTax Online pricing starts at free for simple federal tax returns. TurboTax Online federal and state products include e-filing at no additional cost and are available at http://www.TurboTax.com.
TurboTax 2013 desktop products start at $29.99 and include preparation and federal e-filing for up to five federal returns. State e-filing is additional. Desktop products are available at retail stores and direct from TurboTax.
# # #
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.