TurboTax Shows Continued Support to U.S. Troops: Extends Free Offering of TurboTax Military Edition
TurboTax is happy to announce it is extending the free offering of TurboTax Military Edition for junior enlisted military personnel. Servicemen and women rank E-1 to E-5 can now prepare and file their federal and state tax returns with TurboTax Military Edition for free through October 15, 2013.
Senior enlisted personnel ranks E-6 to officer can file their federal tax return with TurboTax Military Edition at the discounted price of $24.99.
TurboTax Military Edition was created by active, reserve, and retired military personnel and military spouses to address the specific challenges that come with being a military tax filer. Filers have free, year-round access to certified CPAs, IRS-enrolled agents, and tax attorneys who can provide expert, one-on-one personalized answers to your tax questions.
With step-by-step guidance to help you claim every tax deduction and credit you’re entitled to, TurboTax Military Edition is easy to use and walks you through military specific provisions, including:
- State of residency
- Filing in multiple states
- Combat pay
- BAS and BAH
- Deductions for uniforms, relocation, PCS, and special provisions for the earned income tax credit
Military members are already seeing the benefits of filing their taxes through a product designed by the military, for the military. Here’s what they’re saying:
- Polluelo, Fort Bragg, NC: “I would like to thank TurboTax for supporting the troops by giving this service for free. I will recommend TurboTax to everybody. Thank you again. Companies like TurboTax make serving our country easier.”
- MonicaCharly, Van Nuys, CA: “It was totally easy to do my own taxes, I was scared to try it for fear that I would screw up and end up having to pay an exorbitantly huge amount of money to fix! You guys made it so simple, explained everything.”
- Ypbenji, Holloman AFB, NM: “Way better than H&R Block! Love love love! Can’t believe I’ve done my taxes with H&R Block for the last 3 years. Even after the military, TurboTax will be our way to go to file!”