TurboTax is happy to announce it is extending the free offering of TurboTax Military Edition for junior enlisted military personnel. Servicemen and women rank E-1 to E-5 can now prepare and file their federal and state tax returns with TurboTax Military Edition for free through October 15, 2013.
Senior enlisted personnel ranks E-6 to officer can file their federal tax return with TurboTax Military Edition at the discounted price of $24.99.
TurboTax Military Edition was created by active, reserve, and retired military personnel and military spouses to address the specific challenges that come with being a military tax filer. Filers have free, year-round access to certified CPAs, IRS-enrolled agents, and tax attorneys who can provide expert, one-on-one personalized answers to your tax questions.
With step-by-step guidance to help you claim every tax deduction and credit you’re entitled to, TurboTax Military Edition is easy to use and walks you through military specific provisions, including:
- State of residency
- Filing in multiple states
- Combat pay
- BAS and BAH
- Deductions for uniforms, relocation, PCS, and special provisions for the earned income tax credit
Military members are already seeing the benefits of filing their taxes through a product designed by the military, for the military. Here’s what they’re saying:
- Polluelo, Fort Bragg, NC: “I would like to thank TurboTax for supporting the troops by giving this service for free. I will recommend TurboTax to everybody. Thank you again. Companies like TurboTax make serving our country easier.”
- MonicaCharly, Van Nuys, CA: “It was totally easy to do my own taxes, I was scared to try it for fear that I would screw up and end up having to pay an exorbitantly huge amount of money to fix! You guys made it so simple, explained everything.”
- Ypbenji, Holloman AFB, NM: “Way better than H&R Block! Love love love! Can’t believe I’ve done my taxes with H&R Block for the last 3 years. Even after the military, TurboTax will be our way to go to file!”