TurboTax 2010 Features
No Easier, Faster Way to Get Your Biggest Possible Tax Refund
Automatically transfers more essential tax data into your return for greater ease and accuracy
- TurboTax 2010 eliminates more manual data entry, easily and automatically transferring:
- Wage, salary, investment and mortgage information – the same data the IRS receives – from more than 250,000 employers and 300 financial institutions, banks and credit unions
- Tax and personal information from last year’s tax return prepared on different software into the 2010 tax return via PDF
- Interest income from financial institutions, banks and credit unions by connecting with customers’ Mint.com accounts
- TurboTax tailors the interview based on transferred tax information and information you provide so you see what’s relevant to you
- Guides you through your taxes step by step, like a GPS… with special guidance for first-time users
- Recommends deductions and credits based on your tax situation
- Is up-to-date with all recent tax law changes
- Shows you exactly how much money you are saving with each deduction and credit along the way so you can feel confident you are getting the biggest possible refund
- A summary screen shows you the immediate impact on the bottom line
- Real-time error check immediately catches errors and missed information so you can fix errors as you go
- Bookmarking allows you to flag areas of your return so you can quickly and easily come back later
More answers at your fingertips
- New streamlined and integrated help makes answers easy to get.
- With a single click, TurboTax quickly searches and brings together all the relevant answers from thousands of FAQs, articles and the TurboTax Live Community.
- Get instant answers from other TurboTax users and TurboTax tax experts online from TurboTax Live Community. Last tax season 12 million customers interacted with TurboTax Live Community
- TurboTax includes free customer support. Live tax advice from a TurboTax expert (CPA or enrolled agent) is available for an additional fee.
- Customers on Twitter can tweet questions to @TeamTurboTax for free tax, tech and product support.
Free Audit Support
- Audit Risk Meter identifies common audit triggers – like a home office and rental property – and provides actionable guidance to help reduce your audit risk before you file.
- Free Downloadable Audit Support Center provides step-by-step guidance on everything you need to know in the unlikely event that you are contacted by the IRS.
- IRS electronic filing is the fastest, easiest way for taxpayers to receive their federal refunds, in as little as eight days with direct deposit.
- TurboTax customers can also choose to put all or part of their refund on the TurboTax Refund Card, a pre-paid debit card. This is a particularly useful option for the over 20 million Americans who do not have bank accounts.
- With TurboTax, you can deposit your refund in up to 3 different accounts. You can also use all or part of your federal tax refund to purchase US Savings bonds, either for yourself or as a gift for a child or grandchild.